We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is motivated to innovate, design, develop, test, and operate cutting-edge, large scalable, and enterprise SaaS security orchestration and automation applications.
Our technology stack includes C#, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Angular, MongoDB, Postgres, Rest API, Microservices, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform and etc
At Swimlane you will be working with product management and design teams as well as the engineering teams to design, build and operate next-generation security automation and orchestration platforms and products.
- Design and develop sub systems of large scale security orchestration and automation platform
- Design simple, easy to use and complete APIs that enable easier integration with complex 3rd party product eco-system
- Design and develop systems and applications for scale.
- Build and deliver security automation products that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Advocate for developing high-quality software and promote best practices to produce reliable, maintainable, and fault tolerant software.
- Mentor engineering teams, establish best practices and standards
- Raise the bar on engineering practices and code quality.
- BS/MS/PHD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant degree.
- 8+ years software development experience specializing in enterprise SaaS software
- Deep knowledge of distributed system design and application development
- Solid programming background in C#, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript or other object oriented languages.
- Strong nosql database and SQL knowledge including MongoDB, Postgres or MySQL.
- In depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures and their applications.
- Hands-on experience in cloud platforms such as AWS and devops technologies including Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform
- Strong test automation skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swimlane, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Who we are, and what we offer:
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup that provides cloud-scale, low-code security automation for organizations of all industries and sizes. Our technology is relied upon by major security-forward companies around the globe and we are consistently rated as the #1 trusted low-code security automation platform. Our mission is to prevent breaches and enable continuous compliance via a low-code security automation platform that serves as the system of record for the entire security organization.
What’s the best thing about working at Swimlane? If you ask the team, they'll tell you it's the people. Swimlaners are innovative, collaborative and driven by the purpose of revolutionizing the way security teams automate and respond to alerts. Headquartered in beautiful Louisville, Colorado, directly between Denver and Boulder, Swimlane's staff spans 28 states and 16 countries!
The Perks of being a Swimlaner
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation
- Equity & 401k Contributions
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Laptop of your choice
- A hybrid work environment with remote options and flexible hours
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Great Company Culture
- We value collaboration and innovation
- Give-back Volunteering Opportunities
- Team volunteer days in the local community
Here at Swimlane, our core focus is to Automate the World of Security and we strive to represent our five core values in everything we do:
- Punch above your weight class - We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator - The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we’re excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up - We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW - We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in ‘all the things’ - We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
This is a REMOTE position.