As a key leader within the Engineering team at Swimlane, you will be deeply involved with and guide the reliability, availability, security, quality, and extensibility of our offerings. You must have an extreme ownership mentality. As of now, you will manage a team of six, geographically dispersed individual contributors in the areas of infrastructure engineering and site reliability. This position reports to a VP Engineering.
- Direct experience managing full-stack, site reliability, DevOps, platform, backend, and/or systems engineers. Your experience level and capabilities will determine your level within the organization.
- 4+ years experience as a senior or principal engineer
- 8+ years experience as an engineer managing mission-critical services at scale
- 6+ years experience developing in at least one common, general language (i.e., C, C#, Java, Python, etc)
- 6+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Deep, demonstrable experience with various Cloud-native monitoring, logging, and dashboarding platforms (e.g., New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus, etc)
- Excellent understanding of and ability to work with Hashicorp Terraform
- Strong understanding of modern continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) platforms (e.g., GitHub Actions, GitLab pipelines, AWS CodeBuild/Codedeploy/Codepipeline, etc)
- Substantial experience with managing Kubernetes resources
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment that does also have security and compliance requirements
- Must be available for on-call escalations
- Must be able to mentor resources of different levels
- Ability to manage up, down, and across the organization
- Automate, automate, automate!
- US citizen or current “Green Card” holder
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Swimlane, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
Who we are, and what we offer:
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup that provides cloud-scale, low-code security automation for organizations of all industries and sizes. Our technology is relied upon by major security-forward companies around the globe and we are consistently rated as the #1 trusted low-code security automation platform. Our mission is to prevent breaches and enable continuous compliance via a low-code security automation platform that serves as the system of record for the entire security organization.
What’s the best thing about working at Swimlane? If you ask the team, they'll tell you it's the people. Swimlaners are innovative, collaborative and driven by the purpose of revolutionizing the way security teams automate and respond to alerts. Headquartered in beautiful Louisville, Colorado, directly between Denver and Boulder, Swimlane's staff spans 28 states and 16 countries!
The Perks of being a Swimlaner
- Competitive Benefits & Compensation
- Equity & 401k Contributions
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- Training & Professional Development Opportunities
- Macbook Pro
- A hybrid work environment with remote options and flexible hours
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Resources
- Great Company Culture
- We value collaboration and innovation
- Give-back Volunteering Opportunities
- Team volunteer days in the local community
Here at Swimlane, our core focus is to Automate the World of Security and we strive to represent our five core values in everything we do:
- Punch above your weight class - We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator - The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we’re excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up - We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW - We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in ‘all the things’ - We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
This is a REMOTE position anywhere in the USA.
Please no recruiters.